To apply for this position, please go to: https://jobapply.page.link/KUHS
The Park Youth Collaborative (PYC) is looking for a Data and Communications Manager. The Data and Communications Manager is tasked with supporting all PYC data and communications needs by providing administrative, communication, and technical support. The position manages the PYC’s data and facilitates and supports external and internal communications. The position collaborates with the Parks Conservancy’s Data Analytics and Communications departments, to maintain, improve, and ensure staff users can fully utilize database systems, file storage, and communication platforms.
The position is also tasked with the administering systems that ensure smooth, efficient communication operations that support the work of Park Youth Collaborative. The position is responsible for the oversight of PYC’s communication to and from Park Partners and coordination with Parks Conservancy Communication Department. Ideal candidates will have interest in working in a dynamic environment and in the values and mission of the Park Youth Collaborative, Parks Conservancy and National Parks. This is a full-time benefitted position.
About the Park Youth Collaborative (PYC):
With backbone support from the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, National Park Service, and Presidio Trust, organizations such as the YMCA, Walt Disney Family Museum, and the Marine Mammal Center are working with PYC to increase youth access to the rich opportunities in the GGNRA, an urban national park spanning over 80,000 acres. There are over 18 youth-serving GGNRA organizations participating in PYC.
PYC fosters a park culture where youth from historically-underserved communities: youth of color, indigenous youth, youth with disabilities and varying learning abilities, LGBTQ youth, and others, experience greater belonging, benefit from the GGRNA’s rich opportunities, and transfer those benefits to their broader community.
About the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy:
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit support partner of the Golden Gate National Parks—84,000 acres of national parkland throughout the Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future. Park projects and programs include the Crissy Field Center, the promoting of leadership and environmental justice training for youth; the Native Plant Nurseries, which grows over 100,000 plants annually to restore habitat; Trails Forever, which is at work building and rehabilitating miles of trails throughout the parks; and volunteer programs that inspire over 25,000 people annually to take action in support the parks.
The Data and Communications Manager will serve as a critical part of the backbone functions of the Collaborative and its members in building capacity to onboard users and facilitate adoption and utilizations of PYC’s suite of online tools and communication platforms. The Data and Communications Manager will provide ongoing trainings and support for youth-serving staff to ensure educators are able to use data to improve programs and better serve youth visitors. This position will play a central role in the building of a culture of using data in real time to facilitate continuous program improvement and increased access for youth participants from underserved communities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Data and statistics:
• Manage statistics and data, compile, maintain and report program data using multiple databases and tracking tools; support and train staff with data input and data management.
• Participate in the maintenance and improvement of database systems in collaboration with the Data Analytics team.
• Work with Data Analytics team to implement filing conventions and support ongoing organization of OneDrive and SharePoint platforms.
• Organize digital, cloud based, and hardcopy media and program files in line with standards.
• Update and maintain current photo library.
• Provide one-on-one and group trainings as needed for new and existing systems.
• Provide user support and coordinate with Data Analytics team to troubleshoot system issues as needed.
• Compile reports and communicate key performance indexes and impacts to various stakeholders.
Communication and Outreach:
• Manage file storage and communications platforms including OneDrive, SharePoint, and Mailchimp. Create and update communication templates and content for survey, newsletters, reports.
• Ensure users can easily access and contribute to communication platforms.
• Collaborate with Parks Conservancy Communications Team to manage content on various social media platforms and on criteria, image permissions, releases and use as images are added to the Parks Conservancy in their new image database.
• Manage PYC web pages and serve as liaison with Parks Conservancy Web Team and Editorial groups.
• Assist with general office duties as needed including requests for information by phone and online; direct requests to appropriate staff as needed.
• Ensure clear, concise, and up to date information is disseminated to the public when needed. Coordinate with IT Help Desk, CFC Operations Manager, CFC Manager of Facilities as needed to facilitate PYC communications and events.
• Assist with event coordination and logistics as needed including scheduling and coordinating meetings, preparing materials, and taking meeting notes.
• Present and provide support for conference presentations and special events including convenings, trainings, and working group meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Computer Skills:
Demonstrated proficiency in multiple computer programs and systems, such as CRM & CMS platforms such as Salesforce, MS Office (especially Excel), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe software such In Design and Photoshop, Lightroom, Google and database systems. Experience with web and social media. Adept at learning new applications quickly. The candidate will demonstrate comfort in navigating different platforms and the ability to assess and streamline systems.
• Interpersonal and Communication skills:
Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different people in different situations (with youth, the public, colleagues, etc.); is tactful, and treats others with respect; relates effectively to others when encountering difficult situations. Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs. Ability to work well independently and collaborate with others to achieve group goals, support everyone's efforts to succeed and problem solve.
• Organizational skills:
Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness; works efficiently and completes tasks on time; takes responsibility for own actions; can be relied upon, can adjust to changing timelines, ability to work on multiple on-going projects, able to work both independently and in a team Written and verbal communications: editorial skills such as copy-writing and copy-editing; ability to verbally communicate instructions and provide trainings Problem solving: identifies and resolves problems; works with others to solve complex issues
Education and Experience
• 3+ years demonstrated experience in office administration and program operations
• 2+ years demonstrated experience developing digital publications and content (flyers, newsletter, etc.) utilizing apps such as Piktochart, Canva, and Adobe.
• 2+ years demonstrated experience managing databases (CRM, CMS, etc.)
• 1+ Experience working with communities of color, communities with diverse identities, mixed socio-economic status in the Bay Area or other urban areas
• Multilingual: Able to speak language(s) other than English that serve Bay Area communities a plus
• Background and/or interest in social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion work
• Valid CA Driver’s license and clean driving record.
Physical Requirements and Work Environments: Work is performed mostly in an indoor, energetic, shared office space. Work is primarily performed sitting and standing at a computer. Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday with occasional evenings or weekends.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. The salary for this position will be commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
Applications will be accepted until February 18, 2020, 5:00 p.m. PST
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, placement and promotions are conducted without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap, veteran status or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, and local laws & ordinances. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.