QuickBooks Instructor – Limited Term*
SUMMARY OF POSITION
JVS is offering a 6-week training program that includes bookkeeping fundamentals, Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, job search skills, and in-depth training on QuickBooks Online. At the end of the program, participants will take a QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification exam. Participants in this program have basic computer skills and are looking to enhance their competency in commonly used office software. In addition, they want to become proficient and certified as QuickBooks users. JVS is seeking an instructor to teach the QuickBooks portion of this program, which comprises half of the course curriculum. The program will use QuickBooks Online.
Participants will have varied experience in accounting or using accounting software- some participants will have no experience while others may have limited experience using QuickBooks in the past or have used equivalent accounting software. The purpose of this program is to prepare participants for roles as Accounting Assistants, Bookkeepers, Admins, and Office Managers in small to mid-sized business environments.
PROGRAM: Skills to Work – Technology Training
- Reports to: Technology Training Program Coordinator
- Collaborates with: Technology Training Team
- Supervises: No direct reports
Teach program participants/clients how to use QuickBooks at a level that enables them to pass the QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification exam and become competitive for roles that require QuickBooks proficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent stand-up training and delivery skills including the ability to actively engage participants using a variety of interactive teaching modalities and techniques
- Excellent facilitation and classroom management skills
- Expertise in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills with clients, staff and employers
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/generational environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Excellent interpersonal skills, resilience, patience, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of standardized assessments, performance-based measurements, and other qualitative and quantitative assessment tools used in adult education
- Experience teaching QuickBooks to students with no previous background in QuickBooks – able to convey concepts in layperson’s terms
- Demonstrated experience in QuickBooks implementations, instruction or technical training
- Experience using QuickBooks in a professional setting
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fully developed curriculum teaching QuickBooks
- Experience working with diverse populations, some of which may be facing additional challenges and barriers in learning
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Training and Instruction
- Creating and delivering curriculum, prepare participants for the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Exam
- Contextualize what participants will be learning based on real-world experiences and expectations they will face when using QuickBooks in professional settings
- Consult with JVS on adding and improving curriculum
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use QuickBooks in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please. Rates: Starts at $50/hour – room for negotiation DOE
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
STATUS AND POSITION INFORMATION
Classifications: Contingent- Hourly
Date Written/Revised: 2/25/19
*PROJECTED TIMELINE (subject to adjustments)
Program Planning: April 1, 2019 - June 13, 2019
Training Program Starts: May 6, 2019
Instructor Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm. Training Completes: June 13, 2019
This project received $6.4 million dollars (100% of its total cost) from a grant awarded under the H-1B Ready to Work Partnership Grants, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.