SUMMARY OF POSITION
In partnership with Salesforce Trailhead for Students, JVS offers a 13-week program that includes Salesforce Administrator training and certification, IT business analysis training, hands-on projects, and job search skills training. In addition, participants may participate in 4 weeks of paid work experience after the training. Participants have rich and varied backgrounds such as sales, marketing, IT, business analysis, and engineering. The goal of the program is to prepare participants to secure jobs in Salesforce Admin-related roles that combine their past experience with Salesforce expertise.
PROGRAM: Skills to Work – Technology Training
- Reports to: Technology Training Program Manager
- Collaborates with: Technology Training Team
- Supervises: No direct reports
Teach Salesforce at a level that enables JVS’s clients to pass the Administrator certification and to become competitive for entry-level Salesforce Administrator positions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent stand-up training and delivery skills including the ability to actively engage participants using a variety of interactive teaching modalities and techniques
- Excellent facilitation and classroom management skills
- Expertise in Salesforce, including mastery of ADM 201 topics
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills with clients, staff and employers
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/generational environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Excellent interpersonal skills, resilience, patience, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of standardized assessments, performance-based measurements, and other qualitative and quantitative assessment tools used in adult education
- Experience teaching Salesforce to students with no previous background in Salesforce – able to convey concepts in laypersons’ terms
- Demonstrated experience in Salesforce implementations, instruction or technical training
- Salesforce Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Training and Instruction
- Utilizing curriculum provided by Salesforce, prepare participants for the ADM201 certification Exam
- Contextualize what participants will be learning based on real-world experiences and expectations they will face when working as Administrators
- Work with participants to identify realistic career trajectories, and what participants will need to do in order to stay on track
- Consult with JVS on improving and iterating over curriculum
WANT TO APPLY? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com; Please put Salesforce Instructor on the subject line, Principals only no phonecalls.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
STATUS AND POSITION INFORMATION
Classifications: Limited term/Contingent- Hourly
Date Written/Revised: 12/7/18
*PROJECTED TIMELINE (subject to adjustments)
Program Planning: January 6-January 25, 2019
Training Starts: January 25, 2019
Instructor Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm Training Complete: April 26, 2019.
This project received $6.4 million dollars (100% of its total cost) from a grant awarded under the H-1B Ready to Work Partnership Grants, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.