Classification: F/T (40 hours/week) exempt
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Partnership Coordinator
Oakes Children’s Center is a school-based mental health agency that provides education and mental health services to youth with emotional and/or developmental challenges and to their families, particularly in underserved communities. Our goal is to foster the social, emotional and educational growth necessary for children to continue learning and fully realize their potential. We fulfill our mission by providing individualized education, innovative and culturally-responsive therapeutic services, comprehensive assessment, and clinical training.
The School Based Mental Health Clinicians provide mental health services to clients at schools in the San Francisco Unified School District. Services can include individual therapy, group therapy, attendance at client’s IEP meetings, family therapy, parent collateral, and clinical consultation with school district personnel. Clinicians will travel to and from various school sites, depending on need. One day per week will be spent at Oakes for clinical discussion/supervision, collaboration with other Oakes’ School Based Mental Health Clinicians, and documentation time.
- License eligibility in Social Work, or MFT
- Experience working with children in a psychotherapeutic setting
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of individual and family therapy and case management
- Ability to work well with school, social, legal and medical systems
- Knowledge of DSM V required
- Experience with Medi-Cal billing and documentation preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of child development and mandated reporting laws
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multicultural client population
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Training and experience with Autistic Spectrum Disorders a plus
- Must have a valid Driver License and access to a vehicle at least 50% of the time
Total rewards include:
- Generous paid vacation and personal time off
- 12 paid office holidays.
- Full medical and dental insurance, with Oakes paying 100% of the premium.
- Pre-tax transit benefits and health flex spending (FSA)
APPLY AND JOIN US TODAY!
To apply, go to https://easyapply.co/a/71a93a26-aa85-4c13-a8eb-831eacf77ed4
RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR REVIEW.
Oakes is committed to the philosophy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran status, weight, height, AIDS/HIV status or other non-job-related criteria.
Applicants are encouraged to find out more about Oakes’ programs by visiting the website at www.oakeschildrenscenter.org.