Summary of Position
The High School and Bridge Programs (HSB) provide a continuum of vocational and employment services for youth ages 14-24 with barriers to employment. Key partners include San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD), City College of San Francisco, local employers, and the San Francisco Department of Children, Youth, and Their Families. HSB serves approximately 500 youth each year across 15 sites. This position is responsible for coordinating JVS’s embedded program at one of JVS’s two School Partner sites providing vocational training, employment, and transition services.
- Reports to: Assistant Director or Manager of High School and Bridge Programs
- Collaborates with: SFUSD and other community partners, employers, JVS staff across departments
- Supervises: N/A
- Responsible for the implementation of the School Partner Program at O’Connell High School
- Participate in the program planning, including design, implementation, performance monitoring and evaluation
- Support program outcomes through direct client service
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and objectives
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele
- Proficiency working with Microsoft, Salesforce and Google Drive
- Ability to design programs and create relevant curriculum appropriate for youth and employers with a wide range of learning styles in order to advance college and career goals of young people with barriers to employment
- Minimum of five years of experience working in support of youth in employment or education settings
- Minimum of three years of experience of classroom instruction with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in educational and/or workplace settings focused on developing college and career readiness skills
- Experience working in collaboration with educational institutions and other community partners preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MA in Education, Adult Ed, or related field OR commensurate experience
- Experience working in or with SFUSD Special Education Services
- Experience in teaching/training and/or curriculum development in any of the following areas: Transition planning/goal setting, Job Search Strategies; Workplace Communication, Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving; Career Exploration; or in related areas
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for generating results to support the program’s outcomes
- Participate in complying with program budget guidelines
- Participate in the cultivation of strong relationships with government agencies, employers, education and training providers, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the cultivation of program funding sources
- Oversee overall program administration and ensure that the program complies with contract objectives
- Participate in agency planning as well as agency and department meetings.
- Participate in collaborative meetings, retreats, and events
- Assist in the preparation for program audits and monitoring visits
- Perform labor market analysis and communicate the information to clients and team members.
- Responsible for complying with agency and funding reporting requirements by maintaining program participant case records, program data, and other program records
- Coordinate the development and implementation of work-based learning and competitive employment opportunities
- Coach participants to set and reach appropriate employment or educational objectives by identifying short and long term goals, determining occupational qualifications and mapping out strategies to reach those goals
- Support participants through the job search by providing feedback, referring them to JVS and other services, assisting with the research of the local job market and exposing clients to employer contacts
- Conduct and coordinate workshops on various job search and postsecondary transition-related topics
- Provide employer relationship management by identifying and working with organizations with potential growth. Perform ongoing outreach to sector employers, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with hiring managers and promote JVS services to prospective sector employers
- Lead and develop employer training and capacity building activities for work-based learning
- Track and report client progress and employer engagement activities
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use School Partner Senior Coordinator in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting
- Able to travel, present/train at various locations in San Francisco
- Able to carry presentation equipment and materials
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process
Status and Position Information
Department/Program: High School and Bridge
Supervisor/Reports to: Assistant Director of High School and Bridge Programs
Classifications: Full-time, exempt
Date Written/Revised: 2/1/18
This position is contingent on funding and will be evaluated annually.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.