Position Title: Senior Communal Associate
Reports to: Vice President of Communal Relations
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Washington, DC preferred; or any city with a J Street office (Boston, NYC, Chicago) (temporarily remote due to Covid)
Are you interested in joining an organization that is changing the way people think and talk about Israel and U.S. Middle East policy in the Jewish community? Do you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced organization with brilliant and dedicated colleagues?
J Street is seeking a rising star who is organized, strategic, innovative and cares deeply about the Jewish community. The successful candidate will be a resourceful leader who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven work environment. The Senior Associate will be a dynamic member of the team with responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations of the Communal Relations department which seeks to deeply engage with and educate leaders of the Jewish community.
Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementing and planning initiatives and programs to advance J Street’s reach in the Jewish community.
- Cultivating relationships with key Jewish organizations.
- Creating and curating relevant content that connect J Street’s core issues with Jewish holidays and themes;
- Coordinating ongoing clergy engagement and leadership development within the Rabbinic & Cantorial Cabinet;
- Owning the process of maintaining communal data so it is accurate and current.
The Senior Associate will report directly to the Vice President of Communal Relations but will work closely across the organization.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience within the Jewish community;
- A strong commitment to J Street’s mission and comfort explaining the politics and policies that shape the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and US foreign policy in the Middle East;
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and basic Jewish literacy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to multitask and reconcile competing priorities on the fly
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- A strategic, innovative and creative mind.
- A great teammate who is committed to contributing to, building on and amplifying the successes of those around them
- A self starter who can work independently
- A natural facility for building relationships with a range of stakeholders
Salary for this full-time exempt position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, starting at $50,000. Hours and duties may fluctuate based on J Street events and staff travel schedules. Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation and sick leave, personal leave, generous parental and family leave, paid time off on many federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company-paid life insurance, a 401k program, commuter benefits, and a flexible spending account.
J Street recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in J Street’s bargaining unit and is covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities who care about our mission. Please submit the items listed below HERE:
- Cover Letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
- List of Three References
This position is available immediately. Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
At J Street we value an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to understanding and valuing each other’s perspectives at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our employees, and the communities we work with. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.