Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
JVS is seeking a full-time Technical Support Specialist, who under the supervision of the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer equipment, peripheral devices, and associated software, and for ensuring uninterrupted day-to-day operations of business- systems and applications. This position will be the main point of contact for employees and clients who experience IT-related problem. This role is temporarily remote and will eventually be located in downtown San Francisco, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help staff resolve hardware and software problems in a timely manner in-person and remotely
- Provide support in response to staff requests via Service Desk system. Track issues through a ticket queue, respond to helpdesk requests in a timely and efficient manner, and ensure prompt resolution. Resolve, generate, assign, and escalate tickets for all IT-related issues
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Deploy updates for end-user devices
- Maintain hardware inventory database
- Prepare and clean old hardware for e-waste or donations
- Manage user accounts, including adding and deactivating accounts, setting access permissions, and maintaining groups
- Monitor Windows network to identify problems
- Set up and troubleshoot AV (audio-visual) equipment
- Conduct IT orientations for new staff
- Document processes and write instructions for staff
- May work outside of regular work hours as needed
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience (2-3 years preferred)
- Knowledge of hardware (personal computers and laptops), Windows 10 operating system, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office applications
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills including patience and flexibility.
- Effective communication skills with ability to communicate with end users in clear, plain terms about complex IT issues
- Ability to effectively research, read and understand technical literature
- Ability to write clear instructions for users
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties
- Ability and willingness to learn and support new systems/technologies
- Ability and willingness to work in an inclusive way with diverse staff and clientele
- Familiarity with Office365 and Google Suite
- A+ Certification
- Familiarity with Windows Active Directory
- Experience in remote technical support
- Dell professional certification
To apply for the Technical Support Specialist click HERE
What We Offer
- Salary starting at $58K
- Remote work during Shelter-In-Place
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
JVS values intersectional racial equity and strives to center people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other communities that experience marginalization.