Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
JVS is seeking a Technology Training Coordinator for its Technology Skill Training Program. The objective of the program is to facilitate training and placement of the long-term under-employed or unemployed in technology jobs.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Technology Programs the Technology Training Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of an intensive technology training and job search program.
* Position is temporarily remote with expectations to return to San Francisco based in-person work in 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outreach planning, participant recruitment, participant enrollment, program timelines, employer and other guest speakers, curriculum as needed, access to supportive services as needed, fellowship/internship placement support, and post-program job placement support.
- Deliver job search and job placement services to participants one-on-one and in group settings
- Manage and cultivate community and employer partnerships supporting fellowship and job placement with employer connections
- Cultivate the JVS Technology Alumni community to deepen our roots in the employer space and promote peer-to-peer support.
- Propose and implement program improvements with Supervisor to improve program efficiency
- Coordinate a JVS Technology Training program for unemployed or underemployed jobseekers, delivered either on-site at JVS or remotely
- Coordinate and partner with instructors to improve or update curriculum as needed
- Coordinate with Senior Partnerships Coordinator to deliver employer mock interviews and resume reviews and possible guest speakers for the program
- Lead Outreach and Recruiting to promote JVS programs and services to diverse communities and audiences within partner communities, using online and in-person outreach and recruitment strategies
- Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with community partners that serve as referral, fellowship, employer and volunteer partners for JVS programs
- Ensure participants experience a high quality and compassionate experience with JVS
- Provide vocational and employment services (job development, placement & retention) to participants
- Manage clear and timely communications with community partners, participants, and employers
- Maintain accurate data on technology programs, preparing periodic reports to management on program performance and collaborate with coordinators across department and organization
- Work with technical and job search instructors and ensure flow of participant information and team cohesion
- When necessary, lead parts of Job Search instruction and facilitation
- Experience providing employment services (e.g., job development, staffing, recruiting)
- Experience with job coaching, or direct client service
- Experience in a successful community outreach or community coordination role
- Public speaking and some teaching experience
- Comfortable performing work remotely, as needed
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Acuity, Zoom, Google Drive and Classroom
- Strong computer proficiency with Office 365
- Experience with CRMs, ideally Salesforce
- Familiarity with Bay Area technology and community-based organizations landscape
- Experience collaborating and/or creating partnerships with educational institutions, training partners or other community partners
- Understanding of the landscape of Bay Area Technology
- Experience with online course curriculum such as LinkedIn Learning, Coursera, and Udemy
What We Offer:
- Salary starting at $60k
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- $250 workstation set-up budget
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
To apply, click HERE
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
JVS values intersectional racial equity and strives to center people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other communities that experience marginalization.