Technology Training QuickBooks Program Coordinator
JVS helps people build skills, make connections and find jobs in the Bay Area's healthcare, financial services, and technology industries. JVS's Technology Training Programs are employer-driven trainings designed to provide participants with the skills, job search strategies and job placement support needed to successfully secure employment in the technology sector. This position will play a key role by coordinating programs, delivering job search and job placement services, and partnering with Bay Area community-based organizations and employers.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Program: Skills to Work (Technology)
Mission: Training and Placement of long-term unemployed in technology jobs
- Reports to: Manager, Technology Programs
- Collaborates with: Program Coordinators, Program Directors and Managers, Workshop Facilitators, Community Partners, Outreach & Marketing Staff
- Supervises: None
- Coordinate all aspects of the QuickBooks Certification Training for Office Admins program including outreach planning, recruitment, participant enrollment and onboarding, curriculum development, program timelines, scheduling: instructor, employers and other guest speakers, curriculum, access to supportive services as-needed, and post-program job placement support for participants
- Deliver job search and job placement services to clients one-on-one and in a group settings
- Manage and cultivate community and employer partnerships
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build strong partnerships broadly, with organizations, and with critical individuals
- An understanding of and familiarity with Bay Area technology and community-based organization landscape
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines
- Strong presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills; able to work in a multicultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Ability to maintain confidential information and detailed records
- Strong computer proficiency: MS office suite and CRM experience, such as Salesforce
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual; Spanish speaking a plus
- Salesforce database proficiency
- Familiarity with MailChimp, FormSite, Acuity, Google Drive and Classroom
- Experience providing employment services (e.g., job development, staffing, recruiting)
- Experience with job coaching or direct client service
- Experience in a successful community outreach or community coordination role
- Public speaking/teaching experience
- Familiarity with Bay Area non-profit organizations
- Experience collaborating with educational institutions, training partners or other community partners
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Plan and oversee a JVS Technology Training program for long-term unemployed jobseekers, delivered either on-site at JVS or at a partner location in the East Bay or San Francisco
- Coordinate instructors and guest speakers for the program and partner with instructors to improve or update curriculum as needed
- Promote JVS programs and services to diverse communities and audiences within partner communities, using online and in-person outreach and recruitment strategies
- Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with community partners that serve as referral partners for JVS programs
- Identify client needs and collaborate with community partners to ensure the job seekers experience is a high quality and compassionate experience with JVS
- Provide vocational and employment services (job development, staffing, recruiting, placement & retention) to job seekers
- Manage clear and timely communications with community partners, job seekers, and employers
- Prepare periodic reports to management on program performance
WANT TO APPLY? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use QB Program Coordinator in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting.
- Able to transport/carry presentation materials
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
STATUS AND POSITION INFORMATION
Department/program: Skills to Work/Technology
Classification: Full time, regular, non-exempt
Benefits: Eligible for all benefits offered to regular employees,
Date written/revised: revised 4/19
This position is contingent on funding and is currently just budgeted through October 31, 2019.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
This project received $6.4 million dollars (100% of its total cost) from a grant awarded under the H-1B Ready to Work Partnership Grants, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.