Technology Training Salesforce Program Coordinator
JVS helps people build skills, make connections and find jobs in the Bay Area's healthcare, financial services, and technology industries. JVS's Technology Training Programs are employer-driven trainings designed to provide participants with the skills, job search strategies and job placement support needed to successfully secure employment in the technology sector. This position will play a key role by, delivering job search and job placement services, and partnering with Bay Area community-based organizations and employers.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Program: Technology Skill Training
Mission: Training and Placement of long-term unemployed in technology jobs
- Reports to: Assistant Director, Technology Programs
- Collaborates with: Program Coordinators, Program Assistants, Senior Partnership Coordinator, Program Directors and Managers, Workshop Facilitators, Community Partners, Outreach & Marketing Staff, and alumni.
- Coordinate all aspects of an intensive technology training and job search program including outreach planning, participant recruitment, participant enrollment, program timelines, employer and other guest speakers, curriculum as needed, access to supportive services as needed, fellowship placement support, and post-program job placement support.
- Deliver job search and job placement services to participants one-on-one and in group settings
- Manage and cultivate community and employer partnerships supporting fellowship and job placement with employer connections
- Cultivate the JVS Salesforce Administrator Alumni community to deepen our roots in the employer space and promote peer-to-peer support.
- Propose and implement program improvements with Supervisor to improve program efficiency
- Promote department best practices on usage of Salesforce to develop team efficiency
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Drives to Outcomes using Resources and Data
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines
- Strong computer proficiency: Office 365 and CRM experience, such as Salesforce
- Ability to maintain confidential information and detailed records
COLLABORATES AND CULTIVATES PARTNERSHIPS
- Ability to build strong partnerships broadly, with organizations, and with critical individuals
- Identifies and suggests colleagues, resources or external contacts that might help the team and the agency reach its goals
Commits to Professional Growth
- Takes initiative, works effectively independently and as part of a team
- Asks questions as appropriate; takes ownership of own professional development goals
Thinks Critically and Strategically
- An understanding of and familiarity with Bay Area technology and community-based organization landscape
- Suggests logical, realistic solutions based on data and best practices
- Accountable for decisions
Communicates Effectively and Respectfully
- Strong presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Strong written communication skills; able to write clearly, concisely, consistently using appropriate tone, and providing context
Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence and Relational Skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills; able to work in a multicultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Listens to participant requests and perspectives; appropriately follows up with participants to address need
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and changing processes
- Open to new ideas and differing perspectives; willing to change plans and priorities based on feedback and input
- Maintains positive outlook in the face of adversity
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, FormSite, Acuity, Office 365, Zoom, Google Drive and Classroom
- Experience providing employment services (e.g., job development, staffing, recruiting)
- Experience with job coaching or direct client service
- Experience in a successful community outreach or community coordination role
- Public speaking/teaching experience
- Comfortable performing work remotely, as needed
- Familiarity with Bay Area technology and community-based organizations landscape
- Experience collaborating and/or creating partnerships with educational institutions, training partners or other community partners
- Understanding of the landscape of Bay Area Technology
- Experience with CRMs, ideally Salesforce
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate a JVS Technology Training program for unemployed or underemployed jobseekers, delivered either on-site at JVS or remotely
- Coordinate and partner with instructors to improve or update curriculum as needed
- Coordinate with Senior Partnerships Coordinator to deliver employer mock interviews and resume reviews and possible guest speakers for the program
- Lead Outreach and Recruiting to promote JVS programs and services to diverse communities and audiences within partner communities, using online and in-person outreach and recruitment strategies
- Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with community partners that serve as referral, fellowship, employer and volunteer partners for JVS programs
- Ensure participants experience a high quality and compassionate experience with JVS
- Provide vocational and employment services (job development, placement & retention) to participants
- Manage clear and timely communications with community partners, participants, and employers
- Maintain accurate data on the Salesforce programs, preparing periodic reports to management on program performance and collaborate with coordinators across department and organization
- Work with Salesforce instructors and ensure flow of participant information and team cohesion
- When necessary, lead parts of Job Search instruction and facilitation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working both remotely and when possible in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting.
- Able to travel and present at offsite locations in the Bay Area
- Able to transport/carry presentation materials
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
Want to Apply? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; Please use Salesforce Program Coordinator in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
STATUS AND POSITION INFORMATION
Classification: Full-time, regular, non-exempt
Benefits: Eligible for all benefits offered to regular employees
Date written/revised: 06/03/20
Salary Range: 59K – 63K
This position is contingent on funding and will be evaluated annually.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.