TechSF Outreach Coordinator
SUMMARY OF POSITION
JVS helps individuals build skills to enable our clients to find work in the Bay Area in Technology, Banking, Healthcare, and other high demand fields. Our new initiative to help people explore career paths in tech enables us to serve a large number of clients. This is a great position for someone who loves to be a connector and for someone who is inspired by tech and the future of work. It also demands a social justice mindset that wants to help a diverse community of job seekers find their way into the tech sector. This position also plays a key role in convening the local TechSF training providers with the ultimate goals of making the system easier to navigate for participants and create a “Community of Learning.” This is an amazing opportunity to work at the intersection of public and private sectors to cultivate more career opportunities for local residents of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Program: TechSF Initiative via the City of San Francisco and County’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development (100%)
- Reports to: Strategic Tech Partnership Manager
- Collaborates with: Marketing, Program Coordinators, Program Assistants, Program Directors and Managers, Workshop Facilitators
- Supervises: None
- Plan and execute program outreach and recruitment strategies that results in a pipeline of interested and qualified program applicants.
- Manage communications with program applicants; support program coordinators in the applicant review process on an as-needed basis.
- Support management of annual events and outreach calendars for program year 1920 (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020)
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships.
- Strong, creative social media skills; including the ability to write engaging and timely social media posts for such channels as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Strong presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills; able to work in a multicultural environment with diverse staff and clientele.
- Able to take initiative, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer proficiency: MS office suite and relational databases such as Salesforce.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual; Spanish speaking
- Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, FormSite, Full Slate, Google Drive and Classroom
- Two years of experience in a successful community outreach, recruitment or coordination role
- Public speaking/teaching experience
- Familiarity with Bay Area non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with and ties to Bay Area technology industry
- Experience designing and implementing email campaigns.
- Experience collaborating with other training providers, community partners
- Sourcing/recruitment for program participants
- Experience with job coaching, client support
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Promote JVS and TechSF programs and services to diverse communities and audiences, using online and in-person outreach and recruitment strategies; Lead and coordinate all in-person and online outreach activities.
- Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with TechSF Providers and other relevant partner organizations that serve as referral partners for JVS and TechSF programs.
- Analyze results of past program outreach and recruitment strategies to determine most effective tactics.
- Collaborate with workshop facilitators to drive conversion of workshop participants into program applicants.
- Assist in Partner-, Client- and Employer-targeted events including activities related to promotion, production and planning strategy.
- Participate in marketing outreach strategy brainstorms and support project management efforts for marketing campaign launches.
- Collaborate with program coordinators to ensure applicants experience a high quality and compassionate experience with JVS.
- Provide program information, answer questions, present alternative program opportunities to applicants as appropriate.
- Manage clear and timely communications with program applicants, including feedback on their application that may include referrals to outside services or other JVS programs.
- Contribute to applicant assessment and screening on an as-needed basis.
- Participate and represent JVS in agency, department, programmatic and community meetings.
- Collaborate with Program staff to review and update the program applications, as needed.
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use Tech SF Outreach Coordinator in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting.
- Able to travel and present at offsite locations in the Bay Area
- Able to transport/carry presentation materials
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
STATUS AND POSITION INFORMATION (Please verify with your Director and HR)
Department/program: TechSF Workforce Initiative
Classification: Full-time Regular, non-exempt
Benefits: Eligible for all benefits offered to regular employees
Compensation: 55K – 59K annually
Date written/revised: January 2016
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.
I have received and read this job description. I understand that it is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all possible responsibilities, and that it will change and be updated as the team and agency priorities and objectives change.