Who are we? IE WORKS, an Inland Empire Water/Wastewater Apprenticeship Pathway, will strengthen the water/wastewater utilities workforce in Southern California’s Inland Empire, taking a high-road approach and ensuring economic equity. Our success will depend on:
- Building a workforce consortium of water/wastewater utilities in the IE
- Increasing awareness of high-quality jobs among historically underrepresented workers
- Creating opportunities for Black, Latinx and other workers in communities where there is a disproportionate burden of income inequality and environmental inequality
- Addressing workforce needs created by a shortage of qualified, diverse talent
- Building a regional training infrastructure that engages key industry and community leaders
Where will you work? You will work remotely and, within the limits of local public health restrictions, be expected to travel throughout the Inland Empire in Southern CA to regularly meet with industry and education partners. You will expected to provide your own transportation to fulfill these responsibilities; all work-related travel expenses will be reimbursed.
What will you do? The IE WORKS Manager partners with regional workforce development organizations, educational institutions and other training organizations to develop work-based learning activities aligned with the utilities industry to support job seeker’s current and future employment success in this field. You will be supporting IE WORKS, a consortium of water and wastewater agencies committed to regional workforce development. You will be implementing workforce training programs, and leading engagement with industry and community partners. You will play a key role as the ambassador of IE WORKS, connecting employers, colleges and schools, unions, training programs, and community-based organizations. IE WORKS seeks a candidate with BIPOC lived experience and demonstrated leadership in creating opportunities for underrepresented and marginalized BIPOC communities.
You will facilitate high level strategic dialogues and manage day-to-day operations and administration for IE WORKS. You will be expected to travel throughout the Inland Empire and report to the JVS Director of Utilities Training Programs. You will develop partnerships and programs that enhance racial and gender equity and worker voice in our workforce and bring the benefits of employment in the water sector to all the communities we serve.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission and IE WORKS, and:
- Excellent written and oral internal and external communication skills, customer service, relationship management skills, marketing in a variety of formats and platforms
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of equity and intersectionality in the public sphere
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse staff, partners and clientele
- Strong leadership skills; able to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders, and maintain a clear strategic vision
- Experience developing strong partnerships and negotiating a “yes”
- Experience building relationships with employers
- Experience designing funding development strategies, managing a budget and reporting on metrics and strategic outcomes.
It would also be great if you have:
- Familiarity with the water/wastewater industry and its workforce challenges. Familiarity with adjacent industries, such as energy, transportation, building and construction trades
- Experience with launching consortia, formalizing structure including organization status
- Familiarity with high school and community college-based career & technical education (CTE) programs, work-based learning and apprenticeship strategies
- Experience coordinating work-based learning activities
- Ability to lead small group workshops addressing job readiness and employer hiring process
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Salesforce
- BA/BS in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
What We Offer:
- Salary starting in the high $70s
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- $250 workstation set-up budget
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
WANT TO APPLY? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use IE Workforce Development Manager in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.