Venture Growth Manager
Venture Growth United States Full time
Who We Are
Rippleworks Foundation brings the practical support entrepreneurs need to scale faster and improve more lives.
Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where social ventures tackle their top operational challenges by working closely alongside leading startup executives from top Silicon Valley companies (including Airbnb, Netflix, Google). Since launching in 2015, Rippleworks has worked on 150+ projects with social ventures across 59 countries, empowering entrepreneurial teams that are improving the lives of 216+ million people.
Rippleworks also supports ventures with hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$3M range), and through its Insights program, which provides learning experiences for social ventures to bring them the frameworks, resources, tools they need to grow their business.
In 2020, Fast Company named Rippleworks one of the World's Most Innovative Companies.
We are committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion at Rippleworks. Candidates from underrepresented minority groups (Black, Latinx, Native American or individuals with national origins from developing countries that reflect the communities we serve) are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Venture Growth Manager will directly help high-growth social ventures scale by leading Rippleworks projects. You will manage diverse, virtual teams across emerging markets and your hands-on approach to solving these challenges will help companies build permanent capabilities to drive inspiring, meaningful social impact.
You will work directly with CEOs of leading social ventures and C-suite executives from top Silicon Valley companies to solve the ventures' toughest scaling challenges. This is an ideal role for anyone who wants to learn what it takes to become a world-class operational leader at a high-growth startup.
Specifically, you will:
- Partner with leading social ventures: Manage multiple projects concurrently with social ventures and highly motivated C-suite executives from top Silicon Valley companies
- Partner with leading tech executives: Assess operational challenges faced by fast-growth social ventures and how to best solve these challenges
- Build and manage fast-moving teams: Bring together stakeholders to quickly form teams and to effectively drive results across diverse business functions (engineering, product, marketing, data science, human capital, operations, etc) that are critical for growth
- Lead results-driven project management: Create project plans and milestones, hold stakeholders accountable, and lead weekly meetings to build permanent capabilities within the social venture
- Play a pivotal role in designing Rippleworks’ growth: Directly shape our overall strategy, impact, and team culture
You are a driving force in an entrepreneurial organization, and are building a career on being a detail-oriented problem solver. You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical do-er. You get excited when you deeply learn about new topics and will stop at nothing to solve the problem at hand. You love being at the bottom of a learning curve and sprinting to the top.
You strive to be the best at what you do, and you want to make your teammates better. You have high emotional intelligence, you are passionate about building great teams, and you understand how to influence and motivate people. You believe that one person can make a difference and you are known to pull pranks every once in a while (or, all the time).
Specifically, you have the following experience:
- 6+ years of experience with demonstrated ability to create, build, and manage cross-functional projects and teams that bring tangible results. This can include roles such as:
- Experience leading strategic initiatives
- Product management
- Project management within a startup or a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of working closely with executives, effectively holding them accountable and acting as thought partners
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain authentic relationships with key stakeholders
- Passion for entrepreneurship and social impact
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Authorized to work in the USA (including foreign nationals with visas), can be located anywhere in the US
What We Offer
- Don't take a pay cut to do good in the world: We offer a competitive salary and bonus commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short term + long term disability insurance, 401K + employer match, parking & commuter allowance, unlimited PTO, wellness/self-care stipends, Spotify premium accounts, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field. Our Study Abroad program funds personal learning experiences abroad for employees to better understand the different geographies, cultures, and sectors that we support. And we know travel can be tiring! Our No Place Like Home policy encourages employees to take a day off after Rippleworks-related travel to catch up on sleep, do some laundry, or spend some extra time with your family.
- Kickstart your lifelong journey of giving back: Through our Community Grants program, employees have the opportunity to give $50K grants to local community nonprofits doing meaningful work in an area that the employee is passionate about. We also provide a $2,500 charitable donation match for financial and volunteer hour contributions
- A culture that values professional & personal growth: We provide an external professional coach for every team member who wants one and a learning budget to put towards professional development. We also hold monthly Lunch & Learns, weekly team lunches, monthly team-building offsites, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays). We also eat a lot of popsicles (find out why!).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values local adventures, good jokes, and debating where to go to lunch