Announcing a wonderful opportunity for someone to learn & gain experience in the Vocational Rehabilitation field!
Program Overview: The Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS) Hire-Ability program provides adults with mental health diagnoses with vocational development and paid internship opportunities in the fields of clerical services, janitorial services, information technology, desktop support, and production & manufacturing. For transitional aged youth (15-25 years old), Hire-Ability provides soft skills training, benefits navigation, leadership skills, internship opportunities, and employment. Visit our website to learn more, https://ramsinc.org/about/
Job Title (Functional): Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
Program: Hire-Ability Vocational Services
Status: Full-Time (40 hours per week); Part-time negotiable
Pay Rate: $20 - $21 per hour
Benefits: Health Insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K
Reports To: Vocational Rehabilitation Coordinator
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Overview: The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist will teach and guide clients with mental health disabilities to gain skills in the janitorial industry and provide individualized support/case management to empower clients to overcome challenges to successful employment. This training will be conducted at the Hire-ability program site (located at 1234 Indiana St, San Francisco) in a classroom setting. In addition, this position will be involved in the daily operations and maintenance of the janitorial service program for the agency.
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide classroom based, online & on-the-job training in the field of janitorial services to individuals with mental health disabilities.
- Manage and provide individual support to cohorts of 10+ clients during a 4-month training program.
- Interface with case managers, clinical & medical providers, family members, and other service providers to address client needs and identify resources & referrals.
- Function as part of a multi-disciplinary to develop client treatment plans; collaborate with case managers/therapists on behavioral interventions.
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the janitorial business, e.g. processes & procedures, equipment maintenance, supply inventory, and proper storage practices.
- Collaborate with program supervisor to develop and modify the training curriculum.
- Serves as a model of professional standards for janitorial trainees.
- Provide functional assessments and performance evaluations; provide
- timely feedback to trainees, program supervisor, and service providers.
- Regularly inspect client work areas to ensure performance standards are met; work with clients to provide additional training where needed.
- Ensures safe work practices & procedures, and proper usage of janitorial and protective equipment.
- Ensures that all OSHA standards are being met & Safety Data Sheets are properly displayed and maintained.
- Maintains accurate & timely administrative documentation, tracking, and reporting.
- Performs janitorial functions, bio-hazardous waste disposal, clean-up, and disinfection when needed.
- Assists clients with basic computer skills, email, timesheets, and other tasks as needed.
- Responsible for the cleanliness the facility between cohort.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ability to supervise and work effectively with consumers of mental health services and to present feedback in a positive and empowering manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface professionally with a diverse, multi-cultural & interdisciplinary program staff at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to follow directions, prioritize, multitask, and perform & complete duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require frequent use of arms/legs and moving of entire body to lift, balance, walk, stoop, and push/pull, to handle materials & equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- College degree or prior vocational rehabilitation work experience.
- Knowledge of OR past work experience with the mental health community/vulnerable populations.
- Janitorial or other vocational training experience; janitorial certification is a plus.
- Prior client documentation/case management experience.
- Experience working with the target population similar to that of the Hire-Ability program, highly preferred.