Phlebotomy Technician Certification
JVS is teaming up with Kaiser Permanente to offer a no-cost 10-week phlebotomy training program that prepares students with the necessary interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, and hands-on experience to obtain a career position as a Phlebotomist.
This course includes paid, hands-on experience at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco outpatient laboratories.
You’ll learn to:
- Draw blood from patients
- Properly collect and store specimen samples
- Provide a positive patient experience
- Safely use and care for lab equipment and materials
- Prepare for the the National Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT) exam
- Craft your resume and interview for lab positions
- Interest in a career as a phlebotomist
- San Francisco residents preferred
- Age 18 or older
- Low-income or unemployed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- English literacy
- Proof of valid authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to provide current medical exams and immunization records
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Applications are now open.
A Few of Our Instructors
Manager, Healthcare Programs
Dorit develops and coordinates healthcare career pathway programs, facilitates interactive professional development trainings and provides career coaching. She has a Masters of Public Health from the City University of New York and 15+ years of experience leading programs that address social and economic inequities in the United States and internationally. Dorit fuses her skills and experiences in public health, adult education and economic development to support people in uncovering the ways they can achieve their goals and thrive.
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Amy holds a master’s degree in Public Health from San Francisco State University, and became a professor there and at Skyline College, working predominantly with low-income and first-generation college students. She uses these experiences in supportive services and coaching to help job seekers work toward their career goals and improve quality of life.
September 2 – December 2, 2021
Monday – Friday in Oakland
September 13 – October 1, 2021
Monday – Friday Online and in Oakland
October 4 – December 2, 2021
Monday – Friday in San Francisco
Employer Partner: Kaiser Permanente, Project Heartbeat